Seek and Destroy Forum
019 - Marryin and Mayorin - Printable Version

+- Seek and Destroy Forum (http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Seek and Destroy : The Podcast (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin (/showthread.php?tid=66)

019 - Marryin and Mayorin - brett - 04-27-2014 10:47 PM

[Image: 019_image.jpg]

019 - Marryin and Mayorin
Is that the sound of wedding bells, or the swearing in of a new mayor? Brett's recent engagement leads to our hosts to a look at the "five stages of a relationship". Meanwhile in Canada, Carson decides to run for mayor of his town, bringing the duo into a discussion on politics and the benefits of shopping locally. Other topics include vegetarianism, Obamacare, a theory on the effects of alcohol/drugs, and dropping a deuce outside. \m/

Permanent Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/seekanddestroy/SND019_MARRYIN_AND_MAYORIN.mp3

Related Links
The Five Stages of a Relationship: http://www.loveatfirstfight.com/relationship-advice/relationship-stages/

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - regedit - 05-01-2014 09:09 PM

Outside of Brett's description of the leaves he used Biggrin, this was a kick-ass podcast. And major congrats on the engagement Brett! Cheers

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - CarsonZi - 05-02-2014 01:04 AM

"The grip"

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - regedit - 05-02-2014 10:40 AM

Please win the mayor seat - that would give me so much hope.

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - CarsonZi - 05-02-2014 10:55 AM

The details are coming in an upcoming podcast (perhaps this weeks, not sure)... the election is in November, which is considerably soon and I have no campaign funds yet so this election may be tricky. That said, there is a seat on city council and I may try running for that (much better chance of winning). I also am going to be getting more surgery on my elbow in the July/August neighborhood which could give me the time off to focus more on the campaign so, at this point I'm not officially stating that I am running but instead waiting to see how it all plays out on it's own with me attempting to steer as I little as I possibly can.

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - theredneckprincess - 05-02-2014 12:01 PM

I have no commute to listen to your podcast anymore. My drive to work now is 7 minutes...so I am nearly finished listening :) I have yet to get to the mayoral part yet, but just wanted to say Congrats to Brett on the engagement, and Carson, if I lived there, I would totally vote for you, and keep us updated!!

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - CarsonZi - 05-02-2014 12:13 PM

Congrats on no commute! I'm the same... I either skateboard to the shop (takes about 1 minute) or I drive to the railyard (10 mins with a brief pit stop for coffee). Fuck commuting!! ;D

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - brett - 05-02-2014 08:44 PM

Thanks guys! Biggrin

And I'm a member of the >10 minute commute club as well. Definitely not good for listening to podcasts.

RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin - theredneckprincess - 05-03-2014 11:30 AM

I miss the commute actually, it was an ocean drive :) and I got to listen to you guys!!! But it certainly cuts down on the gas cash flow, gotta love that!