Podcast Topic Suggestions
01-11-2014, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 11:51 AM by CarsonZi.)
Podcast Topic Suggestions
As the title indicates, this thread is for listeners to suggest topics they would like Brett and I to get into on the podcast. This is also the place where one would suggest guests that may be good to bring onto the podcast for interviews and discussions.

Here's one to get the ball rolling:

"Can psychedelics/enthoegens be used a beneficial tool, even after already committing to the spiritual path?"

Psychonaut
04-24-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: Podcast Topic Suggestions
My suggestion is to not be shy about trying to generate some money off of this to compensate for your efforts. Seriously. Both of you invest a lot of your time on this podcast, and you are paying money every month to host this webpage I am typing in and to host the podcast I listen to. One of the easiest ways to do that is to provide an amazon link off your webpage where you get some small cut of any amazon purchases made from that link and we don't pay amazon a penny more. Why not?

In terms of a topic suggestion, I would love to hear you guys compare and contrast a more Hindu spiritual approach to a more Taoist approach. It seems like some systems out there seem to focus far more on grounding and directing energy (i.e. Qigong, Kundalini Awakening Process, etc...), whereas some other systems seem to focus more on self-pacing. Is too much grounding counterproductive to spiritual evolution, and should the discomfort of Kundalini be welcomed up to a tolerable level. I'd love to hear that as a future topic.
04-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Deal. We'll get into the above when we record the next 'cast. Thanks for the suggestion(s)!!

snd
04-27-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 08:51 PM by brett.)
(04-24-2014 11:04 AM)regedit Wrote:  My suggestion is to not be shy about trying to generate some money off of this to compensate for your efforts. Seriously. Both of you invest a lot of your time on this podcast, and you are paying money every month to host this webpage I am typing in and to host the podcast I listen to. One of the easiest ways to do that is to provide an amazon link off your webpage where you get some small cut of any amazon purchases made from that link and we don't pay amazon a penny more. Why not?

We have recently started looking into ways to support the podcast, and a week or so ago applied to be an Audible affiliate. Haven't heard back on that yet, but it looks promising if they accept us. I've seen the Amazon thing on Duncan Trussell's website, and that looks interesting as well. Will check it out to see what it entails to get started. Thanks for the heads up on that. Cool

we also added a donation link on the main website page, but haven't told anyone about it yet

Thanks for the topic suggestion, will be looking forward to digging into it. metal