006 - The Middle Wave
02-10-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: 006 - The Middle Wave
Wow, that's awesome whippoorwill! Rock

Have you been wearing the patch daily, and do you see any difference if you don't wear it? Please keep us updated as to how things progress from here.
02-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi whippoorwill, brett, and Carson,

I've ordered the kit, so I'll be joining the experiment.

I have a left-side/right-side imbalance. I'm heavy on the left-side and pretty much dead on the right-side. I'll experiment, but any advise on initial patch placement?
02-24-2014, 02:01 PM
I've tried numerous different placements depending on how it feels and what my physical maladie is that day. After the elbow surgery I had it on the implant for a while, but this may have contributed to the excessive bone growth. I've used it on my feet with mostly solid success, and I used it on my hand (palm) for three days last week after getting the top of my hand tattooed and it swelling up like a boxing glove... the tattoo isn't healing great though so it may have been a bad idea. My recommendation would be on the sole of a foot... not sure which foot in your case though... I'm sure a little bit of trial and error will have you in the know about proper placement within a week or so.

Love,
Carson
02-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Agreed with Carson on the foot placement. My guess would be to start with the left foot and take it from there.
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Haha! Just saw this. I started wearing the patch on the top of my left foot about a week or so ago. The skin on my foot doesn't react to the adhesive, so I'm all set. So far I've noticed greatly reduced inflammation and less pain. The spot under the left shoulder still hurts, but the pain is decreased and the tissue feels less swollen. I have increased range of motion in the shoulder as well. Things feel like they're on the mend. Can't complain about that! Cool
02-27-2014, 10:03 AM
I've gotten used to the effects of the patch and now I *really* notice it when I don't wear it. Forgot to wear it last night (had a crazy long meeting with the city "event safety committee" last night regarding the safety of our skateboard competitions... ugh ;P ) and I could hardly move my fucked up arm when I woke up this morning. Actually I find this a tad unnerving as it's almost like adding an addiction. Any thoughts on this folks?
02-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Nice one on the updates guys! My arm has been sore all day today, gonna give the patch a whirl tonight and see how it feels tomorrow.

(02-27-2014 10:03 AM)CarsonZi Wrote:  I've gotten used to the effects of the patch and now I *really* notice it when I don't wear it. Forgot to wear it last night (had a crazy long meeting with the city "event safety committee" last night regarding the safety of our skateboard competitions... ugh ;P ) and I could hardly move my fucked up arm when I woke up this morning. Actually I find this a tad unnerving as it's almost like adding an addiction. Any thoughts on this folks?

Now that's a really interesting thought. To start we should define addiction. From Wikipedia:

"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences, or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors."

The only way it can really fit under that definition is if your arm is feeling worse when not using the patch sporadically than it would had you never used the patch to begin with. So in that scenario, while it your arm feels better when you are using the patch, it makes it feel extra shitty when you don't. I guess the only way to find that out would be to stop using it for a week or so and see what happens.

But there's not even a reason to stop if it doesn't cause any negative consequences, and in that case can be categorized alongside something as innocent as an ice or heat pack. If somehow the patch is helping with inflammation (amongst other things), which it seems to be doing for quite a few people here, then the negative result from not wearing it is more of a taste of what you'd be feeling like had you never used the patch in the first place. And in that case, its more like maintenance than an addiction. Very similar to how I see meditation in my life. But I know that's a whole 'nother can of worms. Biggrin
03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I've had my kit for several days now. I haven't tried to sleep with it on; I can feel too much movement and vibrations. Wearing it over an hour leaves me feeling exhausted, but under an hour is good. I'm having much fewer thoughts. I'm really happy about this. Even if it doesn't last, it's been worth the $40 to have a few peaceful days.

For now, I've found putting the patch right under my navel works best. All sorts of craziness happens if it's on either foot. Oh, and the head pressure is now jaw pressure. I guess that's progress.Tongue
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Hey Lori....

Any comments on how your earthing experiments are going now that you've been doing it for a couple of weeks?

Love,
Carson horns
03-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Hi Carson,

I still have to keep the patch in the center of my body. If I put it on my left-side, my body feels like it fights the grounding. The pumps in my back activate, and my crown starts pulling up. Weird, huh?Tongue The patch on my right-side causes muscle clenching. So the center is good. Less head pressure. Having fewer thoughts didn't last.