008 - This Podcast is OVER!
02-10-2014, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 12:15 PM by brett.)
[Image: 008_image.jpg]

On this week’s episode Carson and Brett begin by discussing the Vice documentary “Drunken Glory.” This leads them into inquiry on the usefulness of ecstatic states while on the path. From there the conversation weaves its way through topics on drug experiences, pop culture and balls. Yes, balls. You might want to skip that part. \m/

Permanent Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/seekanddestroy...S_OVER.mp3

Related Links
Drunken Glory: http://www.vice.com/Fringes/drunken-glory-full-length
The Work: http://www.thework.com
Vasectomy @ Wikipedia (you've been warned): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy

Credits: The intro to the podcast uses "Vintage Frames" by Kai Engel, licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
RE: 008 - This Podcast is OVER!
balls...
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I have listened to the first 45 minutes on the train, and I have to reluctantly kiss your asses for a second. You guys are awakening something in me. I find you as enjoyable to listen to as any radio program or podcast that I have ever heard, yet your spiritual slant is very motivating to me. I have felt some sort of spiritual yearning for 8 years, but I have been too fucking lazy to act on it on a consistent basis. I haven't meditated much, but I have had 4 experiences during meditation that were pretty intense and pleasant for me. Yet I don't keep doing consistently for some crazy reason. Anyway, just listening to you guys is like bhakti in a podcast. I really, really appreciate it.
02-11-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm blushing. Xd

In all honesty, there was part of this podcast that made me cringe and writhe internally like a little bitch. Saw some ugly shit about myself in this podcast when I listened to it today. Been a rough day in general actually. My grandpa passed away suddenly tonight and this is the first time I've had to deal with the death of someone I was really close to. I lived with him and my grandma for a few years in my later teens and they were the first people to ever show me real unconditional love. Plenty of material for the podcast for sure. snd
02-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Sorry man - that really sucks. I wish I had something better to say than I feel for you, but I really feel for you. All the best my friend
02-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:I have listened to the first 45 minutes on the train, and I have to reluctantly kiss your asses for a second. You guys are awakening something in me. I find you as enjoyable to listen to as any radio program or podcast that I have ever heard, yet your spiritual slant is very motivating to me. I have felt some sort of spiritual yearning for 8 years, but I have been too fucking lazy to act on it on a consistent basis. I haven't meditated much, but I have had 4 experiences during meditation that were pretty intense and pleasant for me. Yet I don't keep doing consistently for some crazy reason. Anyway, just listening to you guys is like bhakti in a podcast. I really, really appreciate it.

Thanks regedit, it really means a lot to hear that. We've said since the beginning that if even just one person got anything positive out of S&D, it would all be worth it, and reading your post has sealed the deal on that. Super fucking thanks for sharing that man, it makes me want to share even more on the podcast. metal
02-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Carson,

My heart goes out to you and your family.

p.s. Teach me how to quote. I see the icon. Still not getting it.Tongue
02-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks regedit, lori for the sympathies. I don't want to say too much as the podcast Brett and I recorded this week was all about death and such, but I'm doing much better now. :)

Lori, to quote you do this: [ quote = posters name ] with an [ / quote ] at the end and no spaces at all.

Love!
Carson Rock