017 - House of Cards
04-13-2014, 10:41 PM
017 - House of Cards
[Image: 017_image.jpg]

017 - House of Cards
Does time exist? Carson's "House of Cards" analogy leads to one of the podcast's most intense inquiries to date, as he is tossed head first into a direct experience of awareness without form. This leads our hosts to an examination of time, in relation to suffering and beyond. Other topics include a look at the role of spiritual practices, and experiences of "the witness". \m/

Permanent Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/seekanddestroy..._CARDS.mp3

Related Links
The Longest Journey (Game): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Longest_Journey
Abnaxus' (Character from Game) Description of Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6RBu_o1uIM
04-15-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: 017 - House of Cards
Haha...I am halfway through podcast for second time and STILL confused...thanks Carson :)
04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Hahaha... I'm several weeks into this now and, I too am still confused. That may never change. ;P
04-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Well once we understand it all we are probably dead, so we should roll with the confusion!!!
04-17-2014, 10:59 AM
The episode Brett and I recorded this past weekend revisited this podcast and the realizations that took place during it. I tried, once again, to explain what it feels like to live life without a belief in linear time (or with a heightened sense of the suffering caused when there is an uninvestigated belief in linear time) but I'm not sure if it came across any clearer or not. It's extremely difficult to talk about this because, like the house of cards analogy tries to indicate, the belief in linear time underlies all other beliefs (from my perspective) and essentially language itself is even propped up on the foundation of "time" making it next to impossible to describe with words how it feels to live like this. Perhaps a podcast that should have stayed on the shelf. ;P
04-17-2014, 10:07 PM
“While we live in time and are still attempting to have “a good time,” or at least “an easy time,” we are bouncing around between polarities. We attempt to have a good time because we feel bad, and we attempt to make things easy for ourselves because our experience feels hard.
The problem is that when we spend our time chasing one experience as we flee another, what we are “doing” is bouncing off the walls of a self-created perceptual prison. This commotion may trigger significant outer activity, and we may experience a variety of physical, mental, and emotional situations, but we accomplish zero authentic movement.”

Excerpt From: Brown, Michael. “The Presence Process.” namaste Publishing, 2011. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

This is what I read in TPP tonight, sort of relates. I finished listening to podcast for second time today, you are right, if you have never had that uh huh moment, or thought about it before, or even think about it too hard it just makes your mind crazy. It is just so ingrained in us that we have to abide by time, that you have a hard time unthinking it. And the mind. Gah, well one thing is for sure Carson, you have stirred the pot !!! And in that, given us something to contemplate and look for :)
04-20-2014, 05:39 PM
(04-15-2014 08:51 PM)theredneckprincess Wrote:  Haha...I am halfway through podcast for second time and STILL confused...thanks Carson :)

Glad I wasn't the only one!
04-21-2014, 07:44 AM
I listened to this podcast again this weekend and was utterly horrified. The verbal explosion that occurred during this podcast was nothing short of a colossal bastardization of the experience.

:|
04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Haha...don't be so hard on yourself Carson, it wasn't that bad :) I am always amused no matter what goes on!!
05-05-2014, 07:27 AM
In this podcast you guys mentioned that you both might have been a little aggressive with AYP, and I am pretty sure you mentioned that in a previous podcast. I was wondering what you meant by that. Was it that you took on new practices taught by Yogani at a fast pace? Was it that you didn't dial things back with self-pacing when you probably should have? Was it that you were performing the practices for longer amounts of time than suggested (i.e. 40 minutes of deep meditation and 15 minutes of spinal breathing)? As someone looking for a smooth ride, I'd love to learn from any mistakes that you think you might have made. Thanks!