019 - Marryin and Mayorin
04-27-2014, 10:47 PM
[Image: 019_image.jpg]

Is that the sound of wedding bells, or the swearing in of a new mayor? Brett's recent engagement leads to our hosts to a look at the "five stages of a relationship". Meanwhile in Canada, Carson decides to run for mayor of his town, bringing the duo into a discussion on politics and the benefits of shopping locally. Other topics include vegetarianism, Obamacare, a theory on the effects of alcohol/drugs, and dropping a deuce outside. \m/

Permanent Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/seekanddestroy...AYORIN.mp3

Related Links
The Five Stages of a Relationship: http://www.loveatfirstfight.com/relation...ip-stages/
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 09:10 PM by regedit.)
RE: 019 - Marryin and Mayorin
Outside of Brett's description of the leaves he used Biggrin, this was a kick-ass podcast. And major congrats on the engagement Brett! Cheers
05-02-2014, 01:04 AM
"The grip"
05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Please win the mayor seat - that would give me so much hope.
05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
The details are coming in an upcoming podcast (perhaps this weeks, not sure)... the election is in November, which is considerably soon and I have no campaign funds yet so this election may be tricky. That said, there is a seat on city council and I may try running for that (much better chance of winning). I also am going to be getting more surgery on my elbow in the July/August neighborhood which could give me the time off to focus more on the campaign so, at this point I'm not officially stating that I am running but instead waiting to see how it all plays out on it's own with me attempting to steer as I little as I possibly can.
05-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I have no commute to listen to your podcast anymore. My drive to work now is 7 minutes...so I am nearly finished listening :) I have yet to get to the mayoral part yet, but just wanted to say Congrats to Brett on the engagement, and Carson, if I lived there, I would totally vote for you, and keep us updated!!
05-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Congrats on no commute! I'm the same... I either skateboard to the shop (takes about 1 minute) or I drive to the railyard (10 mins with a brief pit stop for coffee). Fuck commuting!! ;D
05-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys! Biggrin

And I'm a member of the >10 minute commute club as well. Definitely not good for listening to podcasts.
05-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I miss the commute actually, it was an ocean drive :) and I got to listen to you guys!!! But it certainly cuts down on the gas cash flow, gotta love that!