002 - I Don't Fucking Know
01-16-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: 002 - I Don't Fucking Know
whippoorwill Wrote:Barbossa: For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was.

Biggrinhorns
03-12-2014, 11:34 PM
I loved when you guys got into dictionary definitions because my friend and I do that quite often! We identify with these words and we don't even know what they truly mean. It's interesting you brought up goals. I've been struggling for a few weeks with "what's my purpose?" A question I had long let go of after years of non-duality study. It came back with a vengeance though, and brought friends:
You are wasting your life.
You are squandering your gifts.
You have to make your life lessons worth something.
You are going to regret this life.
Heavy stuff, that had me searching, trying to set goals. The issue is, every time I set a goal in a seizure of "motivation", to satisfy my ego and let it think we're accomplishing something that will bring happiness, I snap out of it in a day or two. It always seems ridiculous in the light of day to set a goal. Achieving a goal is the exact thing that will not make me happy. I've had direct experiences. I've had no-mind, I've been near-death and come back, and yet my ego still sets goals.
So what about setting intention? I love that question.
And I wrestle with that too. I recently heard a teacher explain that intention is choice made consciously in each moment. And that seems to work for me.
I can make a choice in each moment about the kind of person I want to be, what I like, how I react, the life I want. But every time I try to project my future, it feels wrong.
I feel like I set goals in the absence of true knowing. When I do what I know to do from a deep place, life flows.
I know I don't know, I know to open and soften, I know to be vulnerable, I know to lean in to the pain and I know to move this body. If I follow those knowings, I find that my struggle with "what is my purpose" fades into the background. Maybe it will dissipate eventually if I question it enough:)

Thanks for sharing your hearts, they're beautiful:)
03-13-2014, 12:09 AM
I love it. Goals come from a place of projection and choices come from a place in the now. Boom. Biggrin

snd