021 - Money
05-12-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 07:22 AM by brett.)
021 - Money
[Image: 021_image.jpg]

021 - Money
On this very special episode, Carson and Brett welcome their friend (and first guest!) Jeff to join in the discussion on everyone's favorite subject, MONEY. Jeff, a former investment banker with Goldman Sachs, brings along a perspective on the subject leading to some very interesting dialogues on the mighty dollar. Subjects include materialism, the crossroads of ethics and business, the buddhist view of wealth, and more. Love it or hate it, we all need it, so stack your greenbacks and strap in for this episode of Seek and Destroy! \m/

Permanent Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/seekanddestroy...-MONEY.mp3

Related Links
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: 021 - Coming Soon
Excited as always!!!
05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: 021 - Coming Soon
Hi Everyone...

Brett and I have decided to delay the release of this podcast until next Monday. The reason for this is due to the large amount of extra editing that was required due to this episode having a guest on it and the time constraints on Brett due to his shop getting bigger, his wedding planning in full swing and several other circumstances. I would help with the editing but the video card fried on my recording studio computer and I can't hook it up to a monitor at this time. Hopefully no one is too upset by this, we hope you understand, and we promise to deliver some juicy goodness (at least in content ;) ) with this upcoming podcast.

Again, our apologies for the delay.

Love,
Carson
05-19-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: 021 - Money
Thanks for your patience everyone!
05-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Whohoooo!!! It's on, I am sure it will be well worth the wait!!!
05-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Well? Were we good interviewers? Was the shit sound quality completely offputting? Did anyone listen?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D
05-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Sounded great to me. :)

Great episode!
05-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Awesome, thanks Chas! punk
05-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Wow, what a great first guest! I found Jeff very interesting and he made a lot of points that really made me think, as did both of you. It was interesting to hear Carson and Brett talk about a little guilt with making money at some point, which is something I have really not felt before if I were to be honest. I think my wife and I are pretty generous with global charities and I don't think we are materialistic. But as I was listening to you both talk about how you felt a little guilty charging some of your customers an appropriate amount of money for your services, I realized that I have never owned my own business and I have pretty much only sold software to other corporations. I could definitely see having some guilt if I were selling expensive software to individual families.

Awesome job metal
05-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I have been thinking about this podcast and my relationship with money a lot over my extended weekend. I haven't really pursued money much since I am lazy, yet things have somehow seemed to work out for now. I'd be okay if I had to go back to a crowded shitty apartment, but I would hate to become one of the 800 million people who are hungry right now. I thought I knew what poverty was until I spent time in Guatemala. I thought debt collectors calling in my past was stressful, but I never worried about my family surviving. That seems unfathomable to me. The global disparity in wealth is what bothers me.