Summer Hours
06-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Summer Hours
Hey everyone,

We just wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding the newest episodes of the podcast and when they will be posted. Brett and I have decided that we need to take a month or two off of editing and posting podcasts so that we can get ourselves back in balance logistically. Up until this Saturday when I officially passed the reins to the skateshop over to the new owner (yes, I've sold the skateshop) I had only had 2 days off since mid November last year. I have been neglecting a lot of familial and other duties that need to be taken care of in the next few months. Brett is right now in the middle taking his screenprinting shop to the next level by upgrading to some high end machinery and is balls deep in wedding planning as well.

We have recorded an interlude to help put it all in perspective but had no time to edit and post it yet so we wanted to post something in the interim and let everyone know what's going on. Now would be a good time to catch up on any podcasts you've missed, to engage in the forum discussions you're interested in and to subscribe by email (top right on the main website home page) so you don't miss our imminent return.

We love you, we have not abandoned you, we are just making sure we don't put out any subpar podcasts and ensuring neither of us end up in the nuthouse or the grave from over-scheduling ourselves like morons. We will be back very soon and are excited for all the upcoming shit we have on tap.

snd
06-11-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Summer Hours
Slackers Biggrin. Two days off since November is insane. Hopefully you both will be able to recharge. I hope you get a chance this summer to truly relax, climb a tree with your kids, lay in bed with your wife for hours while they nap, don't think about work or the podcast or the wedding or the shop for days at a time, and simply unwind. Have a great summer boys, Bob
06-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh!!!! Excitement everywhere!!! So glad you are taking some time to reorganize, god knows we all need that now and again. Change and no stress is good :) We will be awaiting your return!! Have a great break boys...ttys. D.
07-05-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 01:32 PM by CarsonZi.)
Well, having not really talked with Brett for more than a few sentences via email for the past several weeks I can't speak for him, but speaking for myself, I am REALLY enjoying my newly found spare time (having sold the skateshop and taken a break from the podcast). I had forgotten how incredibly awesome it is to actually sit down and do literally nothing for a few minutes. I had forgotten exactly how awesome it is to be able to take as much time as I want to read stories to my daughters before putting them to bed. I had forgotten exactly how rad it is to go for a hike, to run through the sprinkler, skate for fun and not because I need to "work it out," to have a beer with friends on the patio and just sit and chat... I am thoroughly enjoying every fucking second I have on this hiatus from "extra curricular activities." Most importantly, I am extremely thankful to have had some time to center myself, regroup as a family and evaluate my priorities. I've learned a lot about myself over the past few weeks.

All that said, I'm so incredibly ready to start recording podcasts again it is embarrassing. Hope to get back into recording maybe next weekend if Brett can swing it. Biggrin

snd
07-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Whohoooo!!! Miss you guys!! So glad you are taking it easy my friend, sounds awesome and I love the great shots you post of your cutie girls, everyone looks happy and relaxed. Most excellent!